Together with the lead countries, Estonia and The Netherlands, JPI Oceans is organising a workshop on cumulative effects assessment of human activities in Europe.
The aim of the workshop is drawing up a roadmap for JPI Oceans based on the following elements:
- Outline key activities at short, intermediate and long-term perspective;
- Initiate performing analysis on key gaps in the underlying scientific knowledge on “Cumulative effects of human activities”;
- Identify common tools and harmonized methods as a prerequisite for cross-regional cooperation;
- Start delineating a strategy for making “Cumulative effects of human activities” relevant within policy and management and identify legislative frameworks;
- Identify funding sources for joint activities.