The person will be hired by the Flanders Marine Institute (VLIZ) and seconded to the JPI Oceans secretariat in Brussels.
- Assist in the organisation and preparation of the 2nd JPI Oceans conference taking place on 26 October 2017 in Lisbon. The conference will present the first results of the actions and projects initiated under the framework of JPI Oceans.
- Organization of workshops and networking meetings.
- Update the JPI Oceans website (both in terms of content as functionality)
- Assist in communication and outreach activities (social media, newsletter, etc.)
- Enrolment at a higher education institution for an academic degree in Marine or Maritime Sciences, International Relations, European Studies, International Law, Communication or related fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Knowledge of French, Portugese and other European languages is an asset.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility and initiative
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Adobe Indesign is an asset
- Interest in national and EU research policy and marine and maritime research
VLIZ and JPI Oceans offer:
- The opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic multi-cultural team
- Be part of a dynamic, fast-paced working environment with a team of highly skilled co-workers
- Please note that the internship is only open for students enrolled in a higher education institution. A contract signed by a higher education institution is necessary for the duration of the internship.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- 3-6 month duration
- Reimbursement: The internship is unpaid. Public transport costs will be reimbursed.
- Location: Rue du Trône 130, 1050 Brussels