After a two-stage evaluation process the BlueBio Call Committee has selected proposals of the 1st additonal call. Proposals focus on „supply systems” which entail the steps and activities in logistics and transportation from harvest or catch as well as pre-processing activities to ensure the quality of bio-resources. In total, ten proposals with a budget of about 10 million Euro will be funded. The applicants come from all involved partner countries, namely Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain.
- Novel biorefinery supply chains for wastewater valorization and production of high market value bio products using microalgae (BlueBioChain), coodinator: Hellenic Agricultural Organization
- Total Value Chain Optimization of seaweeds Furcellaria lumbricalis, A bioeconomical ALGAE demonstration (Taco Algae), coordinator: Nofima AS
- Sustainable preservation of marine biomasses for an enhanced food value chain (SuMaFood), coordinator: SINTEF Energy Research
- Preservation of underutilized fish biomasses for improved quality, stability and utilization (Profius), coordinator: Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- Mussel Mitigation Feeds and Supply System Technological Development (MuMiFast), coordinator: DTU Aqua
- Microalgae based, safety-tested and optimized fish feed value chain by using Interdisciplinary R&D and IT solutions (MicroAlgae in IT), coordinator: Estonian University of Life Sciences
- Sustainable utilization of MARIne resources to foster GREEN plant production in Europe (MARIGREEN), coordinator: University “Politehnica” of Bucharest
- Smart solutions for advancing supply systems in blue bioeconomy value chains (SMARTCHAIN), coordinator: SINTEF Ocean
- Enhancing and controlling the quality of cultivated seaweeds for large-scale production and a sustainable supply chain to food and feed markets (QualiSea), coordinator: SINTEF Industry
- Traceability and Quality Monitoring throughout the Fish Value Chain (TraceMyFish), coordinator: SCiO
The projects will be contacted by their respective funding organisations and the kick-off for the projects is planned for winter/ spring 2022.