Coming to a close in February 2022, the MiningImpact 2 project, which looks into the environmental impact of deep-sea mining, will present and discuss its project results with all relevant stakeholder groups.
As plans for the mining of mineral resources from the seabed are taking shape around the world, the International Seabed Authority (ISA), with input from the international community, is drafting the regulatory framework for their exploitation. A number of questions remain about the environmental impacts of seabed mining activities, and the European research project MiningImpact 2 is contributing to close this knowledge gap and inform the work of the ISA in this regard.
- The MiningImpact 2 meetings will take place on 1 and 2 February 2022, starting with the:
- Stakeholder Information Event (February 1st, ca. 9.15 a.m. - 1 p.m.),
- followed by the project meeting divided into two parts:
- Project Meeting Part 1 (February 1st, ca. 2 p.m. - 6.15 p.m.)
- Project Meeting Part 2 (February 2nd, ca. 8:55 - 5 p.m.)
All parts are open for all project members and stakeholders. However, registration is required.
Participants are welcome to register through the following link.