The intern will support the work of the JPI Oceans Secretariat. The main portfolio items designated to the intern may include, depending on the candidate’s profile and experience:
Co-organize the JPI Oceans Strategic Navigation Forum event in June in Brussels;
Support the implementation of our Joint Actions and Strategic Engagements, for instance, by:
Developing a brochure of project outcomes of six JPI Oceans microplastics projects;
Supporting the launch of a new handbook on cumulative effects assessment in the marine environment;
Assisting in the creation of European Ocean Observing System (EOOS) National Charts;
Supporting the communication and events-related activities of the Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership.
- A degree or relevant experience in marine or maritime sciences, relevant natural or social sciences, political science, European studies, international law, communication or related fields;
- Interest in national and EU research policy and marine and maritime research;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Knowledge of French and/or other European languages is an asset;
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility and initiative;
- Able to manage competing deadlines while supporting different projects;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information;
- Good knowledge of Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Experience with Photoshop and Indesign is an asset.
- The opportunity to work in an international organization with a dynamic multi-cultural team
- Opportunities to collaborate with external colleagues on European and international science and innovation projects;
- The opportunity to be part of a small, dynamic and diverse Brussels-based secretariat team;
- Immersion into the European research & innovation and science-policy processes
- The possibility to agree on a self-contained project as a particular focus of the internship
Please send your application by 20 february 2024 to email@example.com, whom you may also contact in case you have questions. The application should be submitted as one pdf file including a max. 1 page-long letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the position and your CV, with the subject line: "Internship Application: Full Name".
Starting date: as soon as possible, March 2024
Duration: Minimum of 4 months (please indicate in the letter your preference)
€ 997,10 per month under the Belgian contract ‘Convention d’Insertion Professionnelle’ + meal voucher contribution (6.91 EUR per day).
Public transport costs in Belgium will be reimbursed
Rue du Trône 4, 1000 Brussels