The intern will support the work of the JPI Oceans Secretariat, under the supervision of secretariat staff. The main portfolio items designated to the intern include:
- Support the implementation of Strategic engagement-related activities, in particular the All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors initiative under the AANChOR-CSA;
- Support the implementation of our Joint Actions, including assisting with the organisation of meetings and workshops;
- Assist in communication and outreach activities as needed (drafting news items, social media posts, newsletter, PPT slides, brochures, reports…)
- A degree or relevant experience in Marine or Maritime Sciences, relevant natural or social sciences, Political science, European Studies, International Law, Communication or related fields;
- Strong interest in national and EU research policy and marine and maritime research;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Knowledge of French and/or other European languages an asset;
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility and initiative;
- Able to manage competing deadlines while supporting different projects;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information;
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Willingness to be temporarily based in Brussels should office life become possible again
- The opportunity to work in an international organization with a dynamic multi-cultural team
- Opportunities to collaborate with external colleagues on European and international science and innovation projects;
- The opportunity to be part of a small, dynamic and diverse Brussels-based secretariat team;
- Immersion into the European research & innovation and science-policy processes
- The possibility to agree on a self-contained project as a particular focus of the internship
Please send your application by 20 January 2021 to Lavinia Giulia Pomarico (email@example.com), whom you may also contact in case you have questions. The application should be submitted as one pdf file including a max. 1 page-long letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the position and your CV, with the subject line: "Internship Application: Full Name".
Starting date: as soon as possible, February 2022
Duration : Minimum of 4 months (please indicate in the letter your preference)
€ 796,90 per month under the Belgian contract ‘Convention d’Insertion Professionnelle’ + meal voucher contribution (6.91 EUR per day).
Brussels public transport costs will be reimbursed
Remote and/or Rue du Trône 4, 1000 Brussels, subject to COVID-19 pandemic developments.