AquaticPollutants Cofund concluded its selection of pre-proposals. 53 of in total 184 project proposals are selected for full proposal submission. The guidelines for full-proposal submission and new timeline are now available (see below) and Submission platform is also now open.
The call will support research and innovation projects that establish integrated and cross-sectoral approaches for risk-management combining the research areas of contaminants of emerging concerns (CECs), pathogens and antimicrobial resistance. The whole water cycle, from the source through the river basins and eventually to the estuaries and oceans, has to be considered. 26 countries are pooling resources of about 24,8 M€ to implement the joint transnational call for research and innovation projects.
There are still major risks associated with the occurrence of emerging contaminants, pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria in our water bodies and oceans. To face these challenges in a comprehensive way and to develop multidisciplinary and practical solutions for the provision of safe drinking water and healthy aquatic environments, this Joint Transnational Call (JTC) aims to make the research communities in the freshwater, marine and the health sectors work together and create synergies for joint approaches.
The call is divided into 3 themes with several subthemes. Research & innovation proposals are invited to respond to at least one of the following themes:
- Measuring – Environmental behaviour of contaminants of emerging concern (CECs), pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria in aquatic ecosystems
- Evaluating – Risk assessment and management of CECs, pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria from aquatic ecosystems (inland, coastal and marine) to human health and environment
- Taking Actions – Strategies to reduce CECs, pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria in aquatic ecosystems (inland, coastal and marine)
- Call opening: 17 February 2020
- Deadline pre-proposals: 18 May 2020
- Invitation to submit full proposals: 19 October 2020
- Deadline full proposals: 23 November 2020
- Funding decision announced: To be confirmed
- Start of projects: 2021
- Projects end: 2024
Information Webinar for Applicants
- 12 March 2020, 13 – 14.30, online. Register Now!
Partnering Tool on AquaticPollutants Submission Platform
- On the Online Submission Platform, a specific section is provided where you can search for partners or enter your partnering profile.
Guidelines for proposal submission
- NEW: The guidelines for proposal submission will give you helpful advice for submitting your full proposal.
- Frequently Asked Questions AquaticPollutants
Aquatic Pollutants has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 869178-AquaticPollutants.